Regional Sales Director, Pacific Northwest
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies with millions of users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative, and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
This work-from-home position requires you to successfully prospect for new sales opportunities for our Enterprise LMS within the K-12 market in the Pacific Northwest (Northern California, Washington, Oregon and Idaho). Our flagship product, Schoology, is a subscription and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for schools, so your work will do more than impact our top-line growth. You’ll develop new prospect opportunities and expand our presence by leveraging our current customer base. You’ll also use consultative selling skills to clearly understand customer’s requirements and recommend solutions that will solve their needs.
As Regional Director of Enterprise Sales, reporting to our Director of K-12 Enterprise Sales, you will:
- Initiate and develop regional software sales efforts which includes:
- Preparing action plans and schedules to identify specific targets
- Identifying sales prospects and contacting these as well as other accounts as assigned
- Establishing and maintaining current client and potential client relationships
- Traveling to trade shows and meeting with prospective clients
- Following up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
- Present and sell our SaaS-based products and services to current and potential clients
- Conduct product demonstrations in person and online
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up
- Maintain an up-to-date level of industry and product expertise
- Track all activity in Salesforce
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- 5+ years experience selling education technology software products with proven track record of success
- Established relationships with high level decision makers (i.e., Superintendents, CIOs, etc) in local school regions
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule and overnight travel
*Please note that Schoology HQ is in NYC; however, residency for this role can be anywhere in the Western United States*
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our Core Values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Back to top