Product Designer (UI/UX)
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that connects the people, content and systems that fuel education. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools and higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Design at Schoology:
Here are three things you may want to know about being a Product Designer at Schoology:
- We focus on research and solving the right problems before springing into action.
- Experimenting and testing alternative ways is something we love to do.
- We welcome creative thinkers with unique perspectives that want to take on challenges and advance what’s possible in education.
Our Product Designers collaborate with all disciplines at every step of the process – from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping and experimenting to launching final experience. You will be part of a team that welcomes all ideas and grows from them.
- You will contribute to insight gathering into our users’ needs, behaviors and intentions by conducting user research at every step of the process.
- You will create wireframes, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Translate concepts into storyboards and user flows to help bring ideas to life through functioning prototypes and working demos
- You will keep updated on emerging design trends and new technologies in your field
- You’ll work quickly and iteratively with the design lead, product and engineering teams to create innovative interface designs for new features and improvements that solve real problems in education.
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Articulate the strategy behind your work and map decisions to specific objectives.
- Design consistent experiences across multiple devices.
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for typography, layout, and color.
- Use and extend our design system in your solution.
Bonus points for:
- User research experience.
- Any responsive design/native experience.
We'd love to hear from you. Please send us your resume along with your portfolio detailing your specific input on design for each product/project presented. We should be able to recognize your design sense, your reasoning and your project presentation should be clear.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our Core Values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Back to top