Learning and Innovation Specialist
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that connects the people, content and systems that fuel education. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools and higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
The Learning and Innovation Specialist is a key member of the Professional Services Team, responsible for developing and delivering high-quality professional learning that incorporates sound instructional best practices (pedagogy, andragogy, and heutagogy) around the Schoology platform. The ideal candidate would be passionate about teaching and learning, be a self-directed learner, have a strong Personal Learning Network, be high-energy, and articulate themself well in front of a group of people.
As a Learning and Innovation Specialist, you will:
- Develop high-quality, engaging professional learning content for our continuing education opportunities that are offered through various modalities (face-to-face, synchronous, asynchronous, E-learning offerings).
- Assist with the development of supporting collateral for various Professional Services Team initiatives including but not limited to agendas, facilitator guides, slide decks, and videos.
- Work directly with the Learning & Innovation Manager providing feedback and evaluating strengths as well as opportunities for improvement to current professional development offerings and programs.
- Deliver high-energy, effective professional learning sessions to clients that are aligned to their instructional and improvement goals.
- Stay abreast of educational best practices, emerging technologies and innovative instructional ideas through participation in a virtual and physical Personal Learning Network (PLN).
- Serve as a resource for professional services team members in presentation development, pedagogical best practices, and innovative learning tools and strategies.
- Manage and complete projects within a specified time frame.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A Master’s Degree preferably in Curriculum & Instruction or Instructional Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a training, teaching, adult learning, or curriculum development.
- Knowledge of current instructional methods and national standards (ISTE and Learning Forward Standards) used in the design and development of curriculum and professional development offerings.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and/or Google Suite.
- A high degree of organizational skills with the ability to learn quickly along with be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- The ability to work, adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing, high paced and collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and communicate information precisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; highly motivated and flexible.
- Outstanding customer service skills and team player abilities.
- The ability to travel for professional learning opportunities, client trainings and staff events.
- The ability to travel for client and staff training events up to 30% of the time.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Back to top