Director, Product Management- Integrations
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 20 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between the students, the teachers and the parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What you’ll do:
As a Director of Product Management at Schoology, you’ll be responsible for product strategy as well as tactical planning and execution on initiatives.
We’ll ask you to evaluate the market, leverage context from prospects, customers, partners, internal stakeholders and your own experience to build and maintain a product roadmap that makes rational tradeoffs between these competing concerns.
You will also work with our UX designers, product architects, and engineering teams to deliver your roadmap by building an actionable backlog of work and then supporting our engineering teams as they develop the features you’ve defined.
As part of delivery, you will also work with our marketing and customer success teams on product update communication within Schoology, to our customer base, and to the market at large.
Product responsibilities will include:
Leading Schoology’s growth as a leader in interoperability, by overseeing product strategy across the following areas:
- Integrations with Student Information Systems (SIS). The SIS is a key system that nearly all Schools, Districts, and Universities utilize to manage student data, state reporting, and accreditation. You will work with SIS Partners and standards bodies like IMS Global to create best in class integrations that involve the provisioning of data between systems and the passback of grades from Schoology to the SIS.
- Expansion of our App Center ecosystem. Our App Center is continuing to grow with over 100+ apps available today that provide instructors, students, and administrators additional tools to extend what’s possible with Schoology. You’ll work with our Corporate Development team as well as third party Partners to continue to build out best in class integrations.
To succeed in the position, you will have:
- 7+ years of software product management experience
- Familiarity with APIs with ability to read and understand API documentation
- Experience working as a technical product manager on a product that has a partner ecosystem of integrated third party applications. For example, for an enterprise, customer facing, or SaaS platform
- Experience owning and developing product strategy, with strong process for setting goals, roadmap planning and business case justification with key stakeholders
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and/or managing junior product managers
- Experience incorporating metrics/data into the planning process and measuring success
- Experience working with cross-functional development teams (design, engineering, quality, and architecture) to define, plan and execute on roadmap initiatives
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems/data
- Experience gathering feature requests, usage data, and market analysis and distilling it into actionable items
Bonus points for:
- Experience working at a SaaS startup
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Meet Some of Schoology's Employees
Alex creates and refines Schoology’s client-specific website and applications, giving educators around the world flexibility and accessibility to quality interactive learning tools.
Back to top