Director, Product Management
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 17 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What you’ll do:
As a Director, Product Management at Schoology, we’ll ask you to leverage context from prospects, customers, partners, internal stakeholders and your own experience to build and maintain a product roadmap that makes rational tradeoffs between these competing concerns.
You will also work with our UX designers, product architects, and engineering teams to deliver your roadmap by building an actionable backlog of work and then supporting our engineering teams as they develop the features you’ve defined.
As part of delivery, you will also work with our marketing and customer success teams on product update communication within Schoology, to our customer base, and to the market at large.
Product responsibilities could include:
- Helping Schoology grows as a leader in interoperability, by expanding our App Center ecosystem through best in class integrations, and working with our Corporate Development and Solutions Architecture teams to advance our overall strategy around interoperability
- Lead our mobile product strategy across iOS and Android by finding the best opportunities for Schoology to enhance how it reaches millions of instructors and students through our mobile apps across phones and tablets
To succeed in the position, you will have:
- 7+ years of software product management experience
- Experience working as a product manager on an enterprise, customer facing, SaaS platform
- Experience owning and developing product strategy, with strong process for setting goals, roadmap planning and business case justification with key stakeholders
- Examples of key product decisions you have made, how you made them, who the stakeholders were, what the impact was, and how success was measured
- Natural ability to decompose large problem spaces into actionable decisions and recommendations for key business stakeholders
- Experience incorporating metrics/data into the planning process and measuring success
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems/data
- Experience presenting roadmap information to customers, prospects, executives, etc
- Experience gathering feature requests, usage data, and market analysis and distilling it into actionable items
Bonus points for:
- Experience working at a SaaS startup
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Meet Some of Schoology's Employees
Regional Sales Director
Working with all departments across the company, Public School Districts administrations, and teachers—Zach enterprisingly grows Schoology's sales in the North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
Back to top