Customer Support Specialist
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 17 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
The Customer Support Specialist serves as a client advisor and is a key member of the Support Team, responsible for working with new clients as well as the general user base. By utilizing a strong understanding of product know-how, you will answer questions, troubleshoot technical issues, and work internally with Schoology teams to address outstanding concerns.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will:
- Serve the front line of customer service for Schoology’s passionate user base by responding to issues via email, chat, and phone
- Tackle basic-to-advanced technical questions as they arise in relation to support tickets
- Attain a deep understanding of the web-based product and iOS/Android applications, and keep abreast of latest changes
- Contribute to the growing knowledge base of feature requests and help center articles
- Work a 9am-5pm EDT, Monday-Friday schedule for a one-two month training period. (After the training period, you will work a late shift during the Monday-Friday work week)
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- An outgoing personality that resonates over the phone and in email
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very strong writing ability
- The ability to solve technical problems
- Patience to deal with complex issues and a variety of personalities
- Motivation and desire to help others
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and 0-3 years in a problem-solving environment
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Meet Some of Schoology's Employees
Regional Sales Director
Working with all departments across the company, Public School Districts administrations, and teachers—Zach enterprisingly grows Schoology's sales in the North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
Back to top