Client Support Specialist
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, brings together the best K-12 learning management system with assessment management to improve student performance, foster collaboration, and personalize learning. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
Join Schoology’s high-performing customer support team, providing customer technical support to Schoology’s growing client base. As a Client Support Specialist, you will be responsible for answering customers’ how-to questions, troubleshooting urgent technical issues, and partnering with internal partner teams to make Schoology customers successful. Our teachers, administrators, parents and students need you!
As a Client Support Specialist, you will:
- Serve the front line of customer service for Schoology’s passionate user base by responding to issues via phone, live chat, and email within our target SLAs
- Tackle basic-to-advanced technical questions as they arise in relation to Support tickets.
- Become a platform export for our web-based product and iOS/Android applications, and stay abreast of the latest changes and offerings
- Become a platform expert and have a thorough understanding of the K-12 EdTech space
- Work with our current resources to enhance self-service solutions for customer inquiries
- Work a 9am-5pm ET Monday - Friday schedule for a one/two month training period. After the training period, you may be asked to work 12pm-8pm shift Monday - Friday. You must also have the flexibility to work overtime hours, especially during our busiest season (August-October).
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Motivation and desire to help others
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A reputation as a highly-organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented team player
- The ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of personalities with varied technical experience
- Experience finding creative solutions to technical challenges
- Eagerness to grow within a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and 0-3 years in a problem-solving environment
Bonus points for:
- A passion for Support and/or Education
- Experience with agile software support at an Enterprise SaaS company
- Experience with the Zendesk
- Experience with JIRA/Atlassian products
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are a plus
What you’ll gain:
- Experience in a fast-paced role within a growing technology company, and interaction with various business stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Client Success, and more)
- Competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible work-from-home and paid time off policy, a fully stocked fridge and supply of snacks
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate, collaborative team that is committed to advancing what’s possible in education
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
See Inside the Office of Schoology
Founded in 2009, Schoology is an education technology company putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience. Schoology’s Education Cloud connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education, and provides all the tools needed to personalize learning and improve student outcomes. Millions of people from more than 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform their learning environments.
Back to top