Technical Community Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality's customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality's internal motto is: "work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!"
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE.
Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news.
Scality is building a community of users, developers and operators for Zenko, the open source multi-cloud data controller. We believe that Zenko is the best solution for a wide range of developers who create value with data and support cloud-native applications: we are building a great community around Zenko, one that provides the best support, guidance and engagement to all of Zenko users.
We're looking for a developer with a strong interest to explore cloud technologies, identify problems faced by users and guide them to new and creative solutions. As Technical Community Manager, you will facilitate, coordinate, and support our global community development initiatives. You will report to our Director of Community Marketing to shape Zenko's community experience and infrastructure, help refine the product roadmap with community needs and requirements, help increase Zenko's adoption and community engagement. You will use your technical and social skills to help Zenko users succeed in their roles, engage with developers online through Zenko and Scality's web-based channels, and offline at events. You will help streamline our workflows to improve community engagement, drive adoption by creating good documentation, lead initiatives that improve visibility in other open source communities.
You will help connect, celebrate, and amplify the community and company work in Zenko and assist new communities as they form. You will help our users to think bigger, be the best they can be, and succeed more. You'll work across teams within Scality to promote the community's voice within our different internal teams. You should be technically proficient, have a keen eye for efficient software development, be a solid content producer, superb communicator, and humble facilitator.
Typical activities for this role include:
- Understand the challenges of cloud users. We need an executor, someone who can roll their sleeves up and improve our developer communities wherever needed, be it support, documentation, workflow, code, or more.
- Build and execute programs that grow the Zenko community and empower contributors to do great work.
- Support users by developing new technical content, documentation, tutorials, how-to and debugging new issues as they're presented.
- Build relationships within the industry and community to be their representative for Zenko in helping to engage, be successful, and deliver great work and collaboration.
- Execute competitive analysis to assess how we can always lead the industry with powerful, engaged, thoughtful, and surprising developer engagement.
- Work with product, engineering, and marketing teams on product roadmaps for community features and needs.
- Act as Zenko ambassador in other communities and platforms to help foster collaboration and relationships with other communities and organizations.
- Be a Scality and Zenko spokesperson at conferences, events, and within the media and external communities.
- Always challenge our assumptions, our culture, and being singularly focused on delivering the very best communication and collaboration platform in the world.
- Running powerful social media, events, and other outward facing efforts that will grow our customer, community, and user base.
Experience with the following is required:
- 1-3 years software development experience.
- Experience in participating or building developer communities, preferably open source or technical in nature.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, git, GitHub, and related tools.
- Familiarity with the cloud and related technologies.
- Comfortable at speaking in public in English, and writing content for blogs, documentation and social media.
- Facilitating complex and sensitive community management situations with humility, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Integrating company brand, voice, and messaging into developed content.
- Working independently and autonomously, managing multiple competing priorities.
Experience with any of the following preferred:
- Training in project management.
- Experience in customer support, pre-sales or other technical customer-facing roles within a software or Internet-based company.
- Experience leading community management programs.
- Trained in media relations, experience in communicating with journalists, bloggers, and other media on a range of technical topics.
- Existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
Remind me to apply later
Back to top