Software Developer C / Python
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com/
Scality, a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions, is looking for developers able to design and implement new features for Scality’s RING software-defined-storage technology, and to quickly solve tough problems using their strong technical and analytical skills.
The Software Developer C / Python will be working in the areas of large-scale systems. The work envisioned requires creation of high quality extensible, reusable, easily maintainable, high-performance software components under demanding time-to-market constraints.
Extensive knowledge in Linux systems is necessary. At a minimum, the candidate must demonstrate competence one of the following fields: multithread programming, performance tuning, or high availability system design.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a diverse work experience in cloud computing, virtualization, Web, distributed systems, networking, telecommunication, device drivers, and scientific computing.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- A reasonable level of fluency in English
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Proficient in C, Python and Linux environments
- Solid understanding and knowledge of cloud technologies, networking or file systems
- Familiar and comfortable using major software development tools (gcc, make, git, svn, Hudson, Jenkins, etc.)
- Comfortable using modern software development processes and project management methodologies (agile, waterfall)
- Curious and open-minded, and comfortable sharing knowledge and creating synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as the ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Passionate and keeps abreast of advances in technology
As part of a fast growing and international team, the candidate should be prepared for challenges, autonomy, fun, sport and travel!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top