Service and Support Engineer - West
Scality, world leader in object and cloud storage (see Gartner and IDC reports), develops cost-effective Software-Defined Storage, which serves over 500 million end-users worldwide. Our customers include leading Global 2000 Enterprise, Media and Entertainment, Government and Cloud Provider customers who benefit from over a 90% reduction in costs compared to traditional storage. Deployed on any industry-standard x86 server, the Scality RING uniquely delivers performance, 100% availability and extreme data durability. Scality also provides the S3 Server, the fastest growing open source S3 storage product in the market. Scality is headquartered in San Francisco.
Our motto is "Work hard, Play hard, Eat well and Amaze the customer!"
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com/
As part of the Technical Services team, the SSE will also provide integration
support and consulting for our growing list of clients and partners, in addition to
providing internal training and support.
The Service and Support Engineer (SSE) will be responsible for:
● Level 3 support for Scality customers and our partners.
● Managing trouble tickets, identifying and reproducing potential product
and performance issues,
● Interacting with the development team through our bug-fix process, and
● Interacting with customers (tickets, phone, email or chat).
This is a senior level position requiring 6+ years of technical support experience.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
● In-depth hands-on Linux system administration skills and experience in
managing large distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
● Significant understanding of hardware, especially x86 platforms, including
RAID architecture, HDDs, SSDs and file systems
● Advanced scripting skills (Python and/or Shell) are required
● Experience with storage environments is a plus
● Experience with high availability environments (distributed system, load
balancing, cloud platforms) is a plus
● Ability to follow, improve and create high-quality support procedures
● Ability to communicate clearly, positively and efficiently with customers,
partners, and co-workers
● Ability to submit clear bug reports to our engineering team
● Ability to communicate high level technical issues to a non-technical
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast
● Ability to follow, improve, create and document high-quality support
● Adaptable, flexible and autonomous
● Enthusiastic about being part of a startup that is dedicated to delivering
world class customer service and expertise.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top