Service and Support Engineer
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality's customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality's internal motto is: "work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!"
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE.
Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news.
You thrive in a rich, fast paced, challenging and gratifying environment;
You're looking for a company that shares your values of team spirit, working in a fun and colorful workspace;
You're experienced in Linux sysadmin and are looking to expand your expertise in technologies that drive today's market;
You have a good understanding of hosting environment and the data path from the disk to the user;
You're a Linux geek but also curious of the bigger picture, wanting to expand your knowledge above and beyond the server.
You are one of us!
Come join the Scality tech services, get involved in some of the most advanced technologies coming to market today, and work with (arguably) one of the entertaining and most professional teams to be part of.
As a Service and Support Engineer part of Scality Europe, you will provide integration support and consulting to our growing list of clients and partners, in addition to providing internal training and support.
You will need to be:
- Autonomous and open minded;
We can only show you the door.
- Enthusiastic about delivering top customer service and expertise;
This is not a call-center level job.
- Fluent in English.
50%+ of our customers are outside of France.
You will be responsible for:
- Level 3 support for Scality customers and partners;
- Identifying and reproducing functional and performance issues;
- Interacting with the development team through our bug-fix process.
You will need the following hard skills:
- In-depth Linux system administration (4+ years experience);
- Management of large distributed environments;
- Significant understanding of x86 hardware;
- Scripting: shell and/or python;
- Management of high availability environments.
You will need the following soft skills:
- Follow, improve, create and document high-quality support procedures;
- Communicate clearly, positively and efficiently with customers, partners and co-workers;
- Submit clear bug reports to our engineering team;
- Communicate high level technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Remind me to apply later
Back to top