Senior Systems Administrator - Onsite NY
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com/
The Senior Systems Administrator will work within our customer's Technology Innovation group and will be responsible for the Design, Build and Testing of new solutions being considered for their Software Defined Infrastructure strategy.
As such, the Senior Systems Administrator will assist our customer throughout the product selection process: participate in the design of solutions, run technology showcases, validate compliance with customer's security and engineering requirements and work with software engineers to implement missing products' features.
As part of the Technology Innovation team, the Senior Systems Administrator will also provide integration, consulting, training and support to our customer's other IT departments.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Significant understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 5 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
- In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
- Significant understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systems.
- Experience on storage environment (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed file system, object storage, Restful API, Amazon S3)
- Solid networking knowledge: low level networking concepts, bridging, bonding, vlan, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of High Availability environment (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms)
- Knowledge with Web Servers, Backups, Email, Package Management, Monitoring in a large scale production environment
- Scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell), Development skills in C/Java is definitely a plus
- Ability to create high-quality technical and business documentation
- Ability to present complex solutions in a business-oriented approach
- Ability to understand and report customer needs
- Positive relationship skills,
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision
**Please note that person will be employed by Scality but work at our clients site full-time. This is a fixed, year long position**
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top