Senior Support Engineer
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com/
In order to cope with our quickly growing customer base, Scality is looking for an engineer, dedicated to analyzing and responding on a timely manner to requests from our Customer Solution team (technical questions, malfunction analysis, performance issues, support of new platform, etc.) in order to ensure success of product deployment and to guarantee business continuity to our customers.
This candidate will be able to manage several requests simultaneously, organizing his/her time accordingly and to work on various technologies composing the foundations of a distributed software storage system (file system, disks, network).
The Senior Support Engineer will be responsible for:
- Level 3 support for Scality customers and our partners
- Managing trouble tickets, identifying and reproducing potential product and performance issues
- Interacting with the development team through our bug-fix process, and
- Interacting with customers (tickets, phone, email or chat)
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- This is a senior level position requiring 6+ years of technical support experience
- Fluency in English
- In-depth hands-on Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
- Significant understanding of hardware, especially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture, HDDs, SSDs and file systems
- Advanced scripting skills (Python and/or Shell) are required
- Experience with storage environments is a plus
- Experience with high availability environments (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms) is a plus
Adaptable, flexible, reasonably autonomous, and enthusiastic about being part of a startup that is dedicated to delivering world class customer service and expertise, you will be able to:
- Follow, improve and create high-quality support procedures
- Communicate clearly, positively and efficiently with customers, partners, and co-workers
- Submit clear bug reports to our engineering team
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
As part of a fast growing and international team, the candidate should be prepared for challenges, autonomy, fun, sport and travel!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top