Senior Software Test Engineer
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality's customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality's internal motto is: "work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!"
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE.
Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news.
We, at Scality, provide a cutting-edge, software-defined data storage technology, now used by many market-leading companies in the US, Europe and Japan.
We are hiring passionate Test Engineers to join our rapidly expanding team.
The responsibilities of the Senior Software Test Engineer will be to:
- Develop scripts and/or automation tests for Scalitys RING technology
- Design new test cases and troubleshoot/investigate test case failures
- Read and validate product documentation according to the specification
- Communicate and work with development team
- Provide regular reports on your project progress
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Junior Role: Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality or Development engineer
- Senior Role: Minimum 6 years of experience as a Quality or Development engineer
- A reasonable level of fluency in English
- Practical knowledge of QA and agile engineering processes
- Proven skills developing Python/shell scripts in Linux/Unix computing environments
- Writing functional, system tests and/or automation scripts in Python, or shell scripting languages
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix system configuration and administration
- Knowledge of virtualization and its application in quality environments
- Investigating and debugging I/O, CPU performance, and network bottlenecks at various scales.
- Curious and open-minded, oriented knowledge sharing and teamwork
- Good communication skills
- Passionate and used to do a lot of technology watch
As part of a fast growing and international team, the candidate should be prepared for challenges, autonomy, fun, sport, and travel!
Remind me to apply later
Back to top