Scality Kubernetes Developer
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined and multi-cloud storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality's customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality's internal motto is: "work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!"
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE.
Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news.
Scality is a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions. Our mission is to give customers the freedom and control necessary to be competitive in a data driven economy. We are present in the open source world and member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
We are looking for a developer able to design and implement new features for Scality's Platform, and to quickly solve tough problems using their strong technical and analytical skills.
The Scality Platform Developer will work on enhancing MetalK8s, Scality's opensource Kubernetes distribution, in term of deployment, administration, security and monitoring capabilities. In addition to that, the candidate will collaborate and support teams maintaining the CI/CD pipeline and teams working on Zenko or RING products..
At a minimum, the candidate must demonstrate competences in the following fields: System Administration, Distributed System, DevOps, Ansible, Docker and ideally Kubernetes.
The successful candidate will have a diverse work experience in cloud computing, virtualization, networking, monitoring; systems engineering experience and skills is a definite plus.
The candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- A minimum of 4 years of software development experience
- Proficient in Ansible, Docker and DevOps culture
- Experience with Kubernetes in production is a real plus
- Strong networking and storage operational knowledge
- Comfortable using various software development tools (make, Git Github,, Jira, etc.)
- Familiar with AGILE methodologies and TDD / BDD approaches
- Knowledge of main cloud vendors and technologies
- Knowledge of Go and / or Python is a plus
- Experience in using some of the following software is a plus: Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, MongoDB, Kafka, ZooKeeper
- Curious and open-minded; comfortable sharing knowledge and creating synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as the ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Passionate and keeps abreast of advances in technology
Remind me to apply later
Back to top