Scality, world leader in object and cloud storage (see Gartner and IDC reports), develops cost-effective Software-Defined Storage, which serves over 500 million end-users worldwide. Our customers include leading Global 2000 Enterprise, Media and Entertainment, Government and Cloud Provider customers who benefit from over a 90% reduction in costs compared to traditional storage. Deployed on any industry-standard x86 server, the Scality RING uniquely delivers performance, 100% availability and extreme data durability. Scality also provides the S3 Server, the fastest growing open source S3 storage product in the market. Scality is headquartered in San Francisco.
Our motto is "Work hard, Play hard, Eat well and Amaze the customer!"
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com/
The Sales Engineer serves as a customer facing technical expert for Scality in the Japan region. Sales Engineers are managed as a team in Japan, and are part of a global community focused on supporting salespeople in identifying qualifying and closing deals. Responsibilities: The Sales Engineer is responsible for:
- Qualifying opportunities and defining the level of compatibility between Scality products and the prospects’ technical requirements;
- Collecting information and developing an understanding of each prospect’s infrastructure & needs;
- Developing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations;
- Participating in answering and writing proposal responses to RFP’s and RFI’s notably, the technical aspects;
- Contributing to training partners on the solution to a level where they are comfortable in understanding its capabilities and positioning its positive impacts to the customers’ business operations.
- Architecting solutions according to specified requirements, including selecting appropriate 3rd party integrations and counseling customers on hardware sizing and selection;
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of Scality's technology and vision;
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of the storage industry sector and key competitive technologies;
- Communicating customer requirements to Product Management teams to influence future product directions.
Recent successful experience working in global, multi-cultural organizational settings; integrating a dynamic start-up culture with an awareness and sensitivity to local business and social practices.
- 5-10 years experience in Enterprise infrastructure solutions architecture and/or sales engineering, esp. in start-up context
- 5+ years experience in Enterprise storage, preferably working on large scale solutions (typ. Petabyte), and with a track record of understanding the customer workflow and applications, in order to design the most suitable storage solution
- Passion for supporting customers and sales people to provide the best solution to a particular need, optimizing technical and price constraints
- Experience in designing and promoting infrastructure solutions in specific industry verticals such as: Cloud and Telco Service Providers, Media, Banking etc.
- Advanced business level English is required. (TOEIC 700+ or equivalent)
- 5-10 years experience in Japanese enterprise
- Native Japanese proficiency and 5+ years of local residency
- In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system presales skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments
- Good understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systms
- Experience on storage environment (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed file system, object storage, RESTful API, Amazon S3
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top