Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com/
The developer develops prototypes and proof of concepts.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
The developer will be working in the areas of distributed systems in the C / Java / Linux environment. These systems include large scale distributed storage systems, indexing systems and distributed databases, distributed network layers, distributed synchronization. The developer will also be required to implement parsers for different protocols and languages, working on the definition and implementation of network and cryptographic protocols. The developer will have to implement “proofs of concept” and functional prototypes in specific directions. It will participate in technical discussions, the definition of the best algorithms for the problem. Then he will have time and a great deal of autonomy in the prototypes.
- Excellent in C and Java development on Linux.
- Must be very familiar with the Linux development environment (POSIX, gcc, gdb, valgrind).
- Must love algorithms. Should love finding solutions to difficult problems.
- Mastery of layers TCP / IP networks.
- Knowledge of the C++ and information theory are a plus.
- The research lab of Scality is responsible for development of longer-term, directed toward specific goals, such as the removal of technological barriers, the definition of the platform N+1, or in anticipation of new business applications.
- The research center is generally mandated to conduct feasibility studies, exploratory developments and define the high-level software architecture of new products as specifications and patents
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top