Python Software Engineer, Backend
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com
Scality, a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions, is searching for a Python Software Engineer to join our international team of talented and motivated software engineers creating innovative features in Scality RING, a Petabyte scale software defined storage solution.
The Python Software Engineerwill be working in the areas of large-scale systems. The work envisioned requires creation of extensible, reusable, easily maintainable, high performance and high quality software components under demanding time-to-market constraints.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent field
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience building REST API [Micro] services
- Agile methodology & TDD
- DevOps culture
- Experience in C programming would be a plus
- Curious and open-minded, oriented knowledge sharing and able to create synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Passionate and used to do a lot of technology watch
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top