Junior Front End Developer
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality's customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality's internal motto is: "work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!"
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE.
Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news.
Scality, a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions, is looking for developers able to design and implement new features for Scalitys RING software-defined-storage technology, and to quickly solve tough problems using their strong technical and analytical skills.
The Junior Front End Developer will work on the web UI development of the Supervisor, presenting the monitoring Dashboard, operations, access management of our products and huge chart components. Over time Junior Front End Developer may also develop improvements on the backend APIs feeding the user interface and integrating APIs to market standard management systems. The work envisioned requires creation of high quality extensible, reusable, easily maintainable, high-performance software components under demanding time-to-market constraints.
At a minimum, the candidate must demonstrate competence in the following fields: web development ( JS, HTML/CSS/SCSS, Familiar with React-Redux, Angular, VueJS, REST APIs ) and UI/UX.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a diverse work experience in cloud computing, virtualization, Web, distributed systems, networking; systems engineering experience and User Experience a definite plus.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- A reasonable level of fluency in English
- 1 - 3 years of software development experience
- Proficient in Web development with JS, HTML, CSS/SCSS
- Experience in using popular JS lib and tools (React-Redux, Angular, VueJS, d3, flow, jest, yarn, node)
- Comfortable using major software development tools (make, git, Jira, etc.)
- Fan of AGILE methodologies (Scrum or Kanban)
- Knowledge of REST APIs, cloud technologies, networking, file system or Photoshop/sketch is a real plus
- Curious and open-minded, and comfortable sharing knowledge and creating synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as the ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Passionate and keeps abreast of advances in User experience and technology
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Founder & CEO
As Scality’s CEO, Jerome leads the team by designing and disseminating his innovative and far-reaching vision for the continued success and growth of the company.
Back to top