Field Marketing Manager-EMEA
Scality, world leader in object and cloud storage (see Gartner and IDC reports), develops cost-effective Software-Defined Storage, which serves over 500 million end-users worldwide. Our customers include leading Global 2000 Enterprise, Media and Entertainment, Government and Cloud Provider customers who benefit from over a 90% reduction in costs compared to traditional storage. Deployed on any industry-standard x86 server, the Scality RING uniquely delivers performance, 100% availability and extreme data durability. Scality also provides the S3 Server, the fastest growing open source S3 storage product in the market. Scality is headquartered in San Francisco.
Our motto is "Work hard, Play hard, Eat well and Amaze the customer!"
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com/
Scality is searching for a field marketer to collaborate with a growing sales team and help scale the business in EMEA. This opportunity offers great visibility and a chance to acquire tremendous experience in a US-based startup culture in a massive technology market.
The candidate will have storage industry experience with a good working knowledge of object storage, cloud storage, and software-defined storage. He/she will be creative, entrepreneurial, and feel a collaborative ownership to help grow the business from within the marketing organization and in collaboration with the EMEA sales team.
Reporting into corporate marketing in the US, the Field Marketing Manager, EMEA will work closely with local sales management, sales, sales engineering, and other corporate teams to identify opportunities and develop strong prospect engagement activities across EMEA. These activities will be targeted to present Scality to new audiences, and to accelerate customer interest, demand-generation, and business development. Being personally adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-growth environment is a critical success factor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing, socializing, and executing the EMEA field marketing strategy in line with corporate and regional sales and marketing strategies
• Planning, coordinating, and executing all aspects of field events and trade shows, resulting in branding opportunities and lead-generation with strong ROI focus
• Leveraging alliances, channels, and solution partners to maximize programs yield
• Repurposing corporate content while adjusting tone appropriately to the audience’s context to maximize geographic impact
• Managing vendors, agencies, and contractors to execute on all aspects of logistics including, but not limited to: trade shows, reserving space and hotels, producing literature, renting equipment, setting up and dismantling exhibits.
• Developing and managing the EMEA field marketing budget
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and skills:
• 7 years experience in EMEA field marketing and go-to-market strategy execution within the data storage and/or enterprise software markets; familiarity with object storage, cloud storage, and software-defined storage is required.
• Proven field marketing experience in the EMEA region, ideally for a US-based company, with primary focus on the UK, France, and Germany
• Proven ability to manage all aspects of both large and small field events and trade shows
• Ability to think strategically, coupled with the focus and discipline necessary to simultaneously execute on a vast variety of detailed tactics is required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Motivated individual performer that values teamwork
• Ability to deliver projects under tight deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a marketing/business concentration (MBA is a plus)
• Ability to travel up to 50%
Paris, France would also be considered for a work location
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top