EMEA Messaging Business Development Manager
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter. To discover the company culture, view the Scality Book at http://book.scality.com
Initially, Scality chose to target the market with the greatest real need, for which Scality is a very good answer, and in an industry where Scality management has a lot of experience: the email service providers. Today, with customers like Orange, SFR, Telenet, Comcast, Time WarnerCable, Telenet, KDDI, Softbank… Scality has achieved a leading market share of Software Designed Storage for PB scale Mail Service Providers.
The EMEA Messaging Business Development Manager will serve as a regional leader for Scality Messaging business, reporting to the EMEA Sales VP, and will work closely with the Scality organization (regional sales managers, presales, technical services) to achieve the company’s regional messaging revenue target and industry goals with large email service providers.
We are looking at self-driven, confident, ambitious & motivated business developers who want to keep succeeding in a professional, entrepreneurial & enterprise level software market.
Specifically, the EMEA Messaging Business Development Manager will be responsible for:
· Penetrating tier-1 telcos and service providers in EMEA, targeting the email service business owners
· Facilitating mindshare at CIO / IT Director levels with large service providers
· Qualifying email storage opportunities and defining the level of compatibility between Scality solution and customer’s technical requirements
· Working on email storage opportunities together with the regional sales managers
· Owning the regional relationship and action plans with email infrastructure vendors, some of them key partners of Scality in the messaging industry
· Answering and writing responses to RFP and RFI’s
· Candidate will possess a proven track record in technical sales within service provider industry. Experience in email infrastructure is required, and in storage area is a plus
· EMEA sales or business development experience as an overlay to sales force
· Having a network of connections within the EMEA tier-1 service providers, that will rapidly turn into a list of prospects
· Ideally possessing a track record working with email infrastructure vendors
· Passion for supporting customers to provide the best solution, optimizing technical along within financial concerns
· Successful experience working in global, multi-cultural organizational settings; balancing and integrating a dynamic start-up culture with an awareness and sensitivity to local business and social practices;
· Self-starter, able to work independently, as well as being part of a team
· English speaker
· Knowledge of email architectures,
· Knowledge of storage systems and technologies is a plus
· Knowledge of leading application & solution vendors in the mail space (OX/Dovecot, Synchronoss/OWM, Zimbra)
Communication & Client Management
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of IS professionals and with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies
· Continually defining ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
· Maintaining lasting client relationships
· Ensuring that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions to clients
· Interest in working in a multi-cultural environment
· Energetic dealmaker with a real talent for identifying and developing client relationships on a long-term basis
A Bachelors Degree is required. An advanced technical degree is preferred.
Location: London, Paris or any capital of big countries in Europe
About 50% travel requirements
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top