DevOps Engineer, Saltstack
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality has recently been positioned as a leader in Gartner’s first Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Scality, a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions, is looking for developers able to design and implement new features for the Scality RING product, and to solve tough problems with strong analytical skills.
The DevOps Engineer will be joining a developer team and will be in charge of industrializing our product deployment with Saltstack.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
· BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
· A reasonable level of fluency in English
· At least 2/3 years of experience in a similar role
· Proficiency in Linux (Ubuntu, Centos / RedHat). Debian and RPM package creation is a plus
· Strong knowledge of configuration management utility: Saltstack
· Python programming skills
· Familiar with major software development tools (gcc, make, git, svn, CI , etc.)
NB: Agile methodology & TDD is a plus
· Curious and open-minded, oriented knowledge sharing and able to create synergies between different teams
· Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
· Passionate and used to do a lot of technology watch
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top