Developer Community Manager - Open Source
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
For more information about the company, visit: www.scality.com or follow @Scality on Twitter.
Learn more about Scality at The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/scality
The Community Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and promoting the Scality’s Open Source Projects and to develop the open source community. The promotional focus will be on Scality S3 Server open source product, which has already achieved more than 200,000 docker downloads in less than a year. The community manager will devise and deliver marketing promotions/events/social engagemet/pr to increase the community and encourage strong engagement and community participation.
The Community Manager will align and have support from Demand Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management, Strategic Alliances, Sales, and other cross-functional organizations as needed to maximize results.
- Ideation and execution of activities to encourage community engagement
- Manage regional events for developers – including meetups, hackathons
- Be an active social media promoter and viral marketer
- Devise and drive the open source marketing plan
- Measure, track, and report against objectives
- Devise and maintain budget and track/manage against it
- 5+ years of marketing in an the software market
- Experience with "growth hacking" to grow a community is a benefit
- Strong social media skills and active community involvement
- Proven success at running developer community events and promotions
- Talent for working collaboratively across marketing disciplines and cross-functionally
- Think big, move fast
- Must have open source marketing expertise preferably with storage expertise
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Scality's Employees
Director of Talent Acquisition
As Director of Talent Acquisition, Curtis heads up a team tasked with creating and growing the culture at Scality and bringing on the best talent in the market.
Back to top