Customer Solutions Engineer
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality's customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality's internal motto is: "work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!"
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE.
Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news.
The Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE) will be responsible for the Design, Build and Support of our product or third party components for our customers.
As such, the CSE will assist our sales team throughout the customer selection process: participate in the design of solutions, run technology showcases or proof of concepts at customer sites and, where appropriate, provide consulting.
As part of the Services team, the CSE will also provide integration, consulting, training, support and post-sales professional services to our growing list of industry clients. As secondary objectives, the CSE will interact with the product organization to discuss new features required by customers.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Significant understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 5 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
- In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
- Significant understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systems.
- Experience on storage environment (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed file system, object storage, Restful API, Amazon S3)
- Solid networking knowledge: low level networking concepts, bridging, bonding, vlan, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of High Availability environment (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms)
- Knowledge with Web Servers, Backups, Email, Package Management, Monitoring in a large scale production environment
- Scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell), Development skills in C/Java is definitely a plus
- Ability to create high-quality technical and business documentation, including complex responses to RFP/RFQ/RFIs, deliver Statement of Work.
- Ability to present complex solutions in a business-oriented approach
- Ability to understand and report customer needs
- Positive relationship skills, both towards internal customers (sales) and external customers (service providers)
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Be part of a startup empowered to deliver world class customer service and expertise
As part of a fast growing and international team, the candidate should be prepared for challenges, autonomy, fun, sport and travel!
Remind me to apply later
Back to top