Advanced Linux Systems Administrator
- Ashburn, VA
You thrive in a rich, fast paced, challenging and gratifying environment;
You are looking for a company that shares your values of team spirit, working in a fun workspace;
You are an experienced Linux sysadmin and looking to expand your expertise in technologies that drive today's market;
You have a good understanding of hosting environments and the data path from the disk to the user;
You are a Linux geek but also curious of the bigger picture, wanting to expand your knowledge above and beyond the server.
You are one of us!
Join the Scality Technical Services team right in the heart of NoVA's Dulles Technology Corridor and Data Center Alley, and get involved with some of the most advanced technologies coming to market today.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will provide integration support and consulting for our on-premise file and object storage platform and multi-cloud data controller.
- Learn and keep up with market trends and new technologies as they become available;
- Provide advanced support for Scality customers and partners;
- Identify and reproduce functional and performance issues in our labs;
- Interact with the engineering and product management teams to correct product defects and contribute to product improvement
Required Technical Skills
- In-depth Linux System Administration experience (4+ years experience);
- In-depth understanding of Linux Operating System architecture
- Significant understanding of x86 hardware, including RAID architecture and file systems;
- Scripting: Shell, Python and/or Perl
- Configuration Management tools (SaltStack and Ansible preferred)
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience of storage systems (NAS, SAN, object storage)
- Experience of large distributed high availability environments
- Knowledge of S3 and REST APIs
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
Required Soft Skills
- Great team spirit
- Communicate clearly, positively and efficiently with customers, partners and co-workers;
- Submit substantiated product defect reports and change requests to our engineering team;
- Communicate high level overviews of technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment;
- Follow, improve, and create high-quality procedures and documentation
The ideal candidate must have the following degree:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
Scality builds the most powerful storage tools to make data easy to protect, search and manage anytime, on any cloud. We give customers the freedom and control necessary to be competitive in a data driven economy. Recognized as a leader in distributed file and object storage by Gartner and IDC, we help our customers to be ready for the challenges of the fourth industrial revolution.
It isn't every company that seeks to disrupt its domain of business, but that is what we aim for at Scality. We are changing the storage industry to make unlimited, affordable storage accessible to everyone. This takes exceptional technology, along with exceptional people. And that is where you come in.
We are seeking talented individuals who thrive on innovating, thinking big, focusing in, teaming up... and doing all of this very, very well. If this sounds like you, then you are our kind of contributor. We will go the extra mile to find and hire you, enhance your skills and talents, and ensure that you succeed here.
In addition to building exceptional technology that is used by more than 500 million people, life at Scality is exhilarating. We offer careers with an opportunity to bridge international borders, an intensely fun environment with smart people, and offices in some of the most attractive cities around the world. Scality cares for and promotes its employees through company-supported training and development, a sports and wellness program, a "social responsibility" program and a generous benefits package. We also encourage events such as an all-night hackathon to reinforce creativity and innovation. Our staff enjoys regular get-togethers for life celebrations, film club, bowling, games, lunches, and parties.
Remind me to apply later
Back to top