Strategic Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries including self driving cars. As one of Scale's strategic product managers, you'll be designing and building new solutions, tools, and product to solve new problems that arise as we grow.
As a Strategic Product Manager, you will work on Scale’s highest impact projects or most pressing problems. This will generally involve delivering results for strategic customers or developing new products and processes in order to move key company metrics. The role involves a combination of engineering, product management, and operations work. The ideal candidate has a strong entrepreneurial mindset and is comfortable working under ambiguity and owning “must win” outcomes.
- Lead cross-functional projects with diverse stakeholders (Engineering + Ops + Go to Market)
- Develop new products or enhance existing ones to fulfill the needs of strategic customers or initiatives
- Own the execution of our data labeling operations for strategic projects
- Work on some of the most impactful problems at the company
Ideally, you’d have:
- Strong software engineering background (a degree in computer science or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience leading a team and working in product development
- Excited to do intense, high impact work (you should be prepared to work long weeks when necessary)
- Experience working on operational problems (or a desire to do so)
- Ability to solve difficult problems in high-stakes environments
- Entrepreneurial experience and mindset - you are excited about building things from scratch
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Back to top