You will drive Scale's future growth by building Strategic relationships with prospective clients and turning them into Scale evangelists. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, COO, and CFO. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge to bear when articulating our business proposition, and your analytical nature means you bias towards winning business by showing how a client's business model benefits from partnering with Scale. You thrive in extremely fast-paced environments, enjoy collaborating with similarly driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business.
- Build the foundation for sales in a fast growing startup
- Join the founding team and learn about a variety of areas in our go-to-market
- Solely own the full sales cycle—from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution—for Strategic Accounts with deal sizes $500k to $5M+
- Partner with Customer Success teams to ensure pilots are successful and that critical feature requests are prioritized
- Partner with leadership to help develop and execute on new verticals and new use cases
- Lead and contribute to projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Builder mindset
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Ability to close net new and customer growth deals
- 5+ years experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 2+ years closing annual contracts of at least $200k/year
- Strong technical background, ideally as a solutions engineer or STEM degree
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at an API technology company
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.