Senior Machine Learning Research Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
The goal of a research engineer at scale is to bring techniques in the fields of computer vision, deep learning and deep reinforcement learning, or natural language processing into a production environment to improve scale.ai’s products and customer experience. Our research engineers take advantage of our unique access to massive datasets to deliver improvements to our customers.
We are building a large hybrid human-machine system in service of ML pipelines for dozens of industry-leading customers. We currently complete millions of tasks a month, and will grow to complete billions of tasks monthly.
As a Research Engineer, you will:
- Take state of the art models developed internally and from the community, use them in production to solve problems for our customers and taskers.
- Take models currently in production, identify areas for improvement, improve them using retraining and hyperparameter searches, then deploy without regressing on core model characteristics
- Work with product and research teams to identify opportunities for improvement in our current product line and for enabling upcoming product lines
- Work with massive datasets to develop both generic models as well as fine tune models for specific products
- Build the scalable ML platform to automate our ML services
- Be a representative for how to apply machine learning and related techniques throughout the engineering and product organization
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Degree in computer science, or related field
- Extensive experience using computer vision, deep learning and deep reinforcement Learning, or natural language processing in a production environment
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming
Nice to Haves:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence specialization
- Experience working with cloud technology stack (eg. AWS or GCP) and developing machine learning models in a cloud environment
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Back to top