- San Francisco, CA
The goal of the ML team at Scale is to develop machine learning solutions advancing the company mission. Our current focus areas are Computer Vision ( 2D/3D detection, 2D/3D segmentation, object tracking), Machine Learning (e.g. semi-supervised learning, active learning) and Natural Language Processing.
We are building a large hybrid human-machine system in service of ML pipelines for dozens of industry-leading customers. We currently complete millions of tasks a month, and will grow to complete billions of tasks monthly.
As an Applied Research Scientist, you will:
- Research and develop machine learning solutions to assist humans in the loop.
- Aid in the creation of high quality ground truth data with speed and accuracy.
- Engage with the international research community by publishing research papers and attend academic conferences.
- PhD degree in a machine learning related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: Computer Vision, Deep Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Processing
- Strong programming skills in Python, experience in Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience in data structures and algorithms is a plus
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently closed our Series D raising $155M at a post-money valuation north of $3.5B led by Tiger Global and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Back to top