Scale is hiring a Product Designer. You will drive the design vision for our interactive tools, making them more intuitive and powerful while integrating cutting-edge AI active learning workflows. Additionally, you will be the key advocate for supporting the livelihoods of thousands of labelers around the world. As such, our Product Designer role is extremely cross-functional, involving everything from tooling design to operational dashboards.
There are only a handful of designers working in AI, so you will have an outsized influence defining how to sustainably democratize machine learning and empower all people in the ecosystem.
What You'll Do
- Design user flows with our 2D computer vision team to invent new products and make labeling applications more intuitive. The nature of our work calls for special focus on elegant interaction design.
- Partner with PMs, Engineers, and Ops folks to solve product challenges. As the design leader of your vertical, advocate for the voice of the user and prioritize your work given high amounts of ambiguity.
- Evolve the company-wide design system to provide a high quality experience.
- Share your perspective through hiring, mentoring, and establishing an empathetic design culture within the company.
- Go beyond the pixels. We're not territorial here, so designers are frequent contributors on company strategy, product direction, and anything else you're interested in.
What We Value
- Leadership. A track record of driving digital product design projects from research through release and shipping at scale (3+ years of experience).
- Portfolio. An impressive body of work that highlights your diverse design skillset.
- Domain expertise. Unique viewpoints on design tools, mapping software, data visualization, and graphics applications that add something new to the team.
- Technical chops. Exposure to AI, machine learning, or computer vision will be helpful. Bonus points for frontend web development.
- Internationalization. Experience designing for a global audiences with a variety of different needs.
- Initiative. Examples of how you have proactively identified problems and rallied support in the past.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.