Federal Deployment Strategist
- Washington, DC
Scale is a rapidly-growing, venture-backed series-D startup that is changing the way organizations around the world build AI applications. We’re looking for a strong business development (BD) lead who can help us offer our product to government agencies, primarily within the U.S. Air Force (USAF)/U.S. Space Force (USSF) and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), to build their AI/ML capabilities. This role will be deeply involved in overall strategy, help grow Scale’s established federal business, and have massive impact on the adoption of cutting-edge technologies for the nation.
- Scale is a vital part of bringing ML enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots and AR/VR. Our customer base is growing exponentially, and you will be on the front lines of ensuring that the world's most innovative companies become passionate, lifelong Scale customers. Our Federal BD team identifies key customers within our strategic accounts and partners closely with Scale Solution Engineers (SEs) to identify and then lead prospective customers through pre-sales pilots with the goal of getting to “yes” on the Scale product.
- High-fidelity requirement and relationship mapping within key USAF/USSF or NGA target customer offices to identify opportunities for Scale’s business and offerings
- Pursue those opportunities and provide input to our federal GTM strategy
- Be involved in everything from writing RFPs to pitching directly to key stakeholders on what Scale’s business can offer
- Leverage technical teams and other key stakeholders across the executive level to help discuss emerging trends in AI/ML
- Partner with Scale SEs to deliver customer pilots according to requirements agreed by the customer
- Evangelize Scale and interact with federal customers at events
Ideally you'd have:
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience in a federal technical sales or consulting role
- Proven track record closing high-value, multi-year deals (more than $10M)
- Prior experience with the U.S. Government as a civil servant (GS-13/14), service member (O4/5), or consultant
- Established relationships or connections within Scale strategic USAF/USSF or NGA accounts
- A strong desire to roll up your sleeves and help build a business in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience in AI/ML
- Desire to work and learn with a highly technical product and team
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Eligibility for a Secret security clearance is required; an active Top Secret clearance is strongly preferred
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Back to top