Director of Sales - Scale Document
- San Francisco, CA
You will drive Scale's future growth by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Scale users. You are an adept Go-To-Market leader capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, COO, and CFO. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge to bear when articulating our business proposition, and your analytical nature means you bias towards winning business by showing how a client's business model benefits from partnering with Scale. You thrive in extremely fast-paced environments, enjoy collaborating with similarly driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business.
- Build the foundation for revenue and customer success within a focus area (ie Pod)
- Engage in the Customer Development process to gather customer requirements and prioritize these against the Pod goals.
- Manage dedicated resources across functional areas deliver on the GTM plan you have developed. Ie AEs, SDRs, SEs, CS. You’ll have a product manager that works directly with the pod to align engineering resources.
- Own the full customer journey from awareness, licensing, customer success and follow-on expansion.
- Execution— for enterprise + strategic companies with deal sizes $250k-$3M
- Partner with leadership and across functions to help develop + execute on new use cases
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process across all Pods in the GTM org
- Lead recruiting and hiring for the key resources you need within your pod to be successful
- Build and execute on the strategy to achieve Pod objectives in the most effective way possible
Ideally you’ll have:
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5+ experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 3+ years closing annual contracts of at least $250k committed per year and handling yearly quotas of $2M+
- Strong technical background, ideally as a sales engineer or some technical educational program
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Prior experience managing / leading teams
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to learn and apply quickly
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Back to top