The Data Labeling Linguist role is a part-time position for individuals who have a strong interest in pursuing product quality improvement in the AI/ML industry. You would label very complex English reading comprehension tasks. An analytical mind is essential to comprehend nuances in each project. We are looking for a candidate who is extremely detail-oriented and great in multi-tasking. You would be working with different functions within the company such as Customer Ops, Sales, Product, Supply Ops, and Engineering to drive quality improvement. For this role, it's critical that you are fluent in English and eligible to work in the United States.
- Read and understand complex passages of text
- Summarize and answer multiple-choice questions around passages of text
- Collaborate with researchers and teammates to determine meaning of text passages
- Follow up with internal teams and the customer in regards to questions about quality
- Identify and resolve the root cause of low quality and provide feedback to respective teams on product improvements
- Master the use of relevant software, including proprietary Scale AI tools
Ideally, you’d have:
- Proactiveness - provide useful feedback and suggest improvements, processes and best practices
- Ability to collaborate - superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to over-communicate when writing - e.g., in bug reports, it’s better to have more information than less
- Fluent written and spoken English, with the ability to interpret cultural context when reading a written passage
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability; ability to synthesize information and explain your reasoning
- College degree, or currently enrolled in a college degree program
- Can work a flexible work schedule w/a minimum of 10hrs/wk up to 20hrs/wk between the hours of 9am-6pm PT
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in linguistics or in labeling very complex English reading comprehension tasks
- High SAT / ACT / LSAT or other standardized test scores (specifically reading and writing comprehension)
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.