Business Operations & Strategy Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Business Operations & Strategy drives mission-critical initiatives across multiple teams at Scale. We complement product, engineering, sales, marketing, and core operations by providing planning, analytical, operational, and strategic support. We are looking for hard-charging generalists who combine analytical rigor and an obsessive focus on outcomes with an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving hard problems and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
- Embed with teams to help drive high-priority projects across the business
- Design, manage, and iterate on the operational and analytical systems that make Scale hum
- Help incubate, seed, and scale new teams
- Tackle ambiguous, open-ended questions and quickly iterate on solutions
- Own outcomes in their entirety: from ideation and strategy to in-the-weeds delivery of results
- Eventually lead small BizOps teams with a focused mandate and coverage area
- A penchant for digging deep into data, thinking from first principles, and iterating quickly to deliver results
- A strong orientation towards outcomes, and a history of being scrappy when it counts
- An easygoing interpersonal style and ability to work and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- A highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
- Experience leading small teams and managing multiple, complex work streams
Nice to haves:
- 6-8+ years of experience in consulting, finance, or other roles requiring a blend of analytical, strategic, and cross-functional work.
- A CS or STEM background
- SQL experience
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Back to top