Sr Payroll Specialist
- Mesa, AZ
The Sr Payroll Specialist assists with accurate and time-sensitive payroll processing for over 2,000 employees on a bi-weekly & semi-monthly basis.
About Satellite Healthcare
Satellite Healthcare is more than simply a dialysis company. Since our founding in 1974, we have become the industry's leader in personalized quality care: 70% of our centers earn 4- and 5-star ratings from Medicaid and Medicare.gov, far ahead of all other providers. Our success in caring for patients can be attributed to our mission, our not-for-profit structure, and our people. Together, they create a powerfully patient-centered organization.
Our mission is clear: to make life better for people living with kidney disease. Because we are a non-profit, we can pursue that mission with all our resources, united by our passion for patient care. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, Satellite Research explores new ways to elevate the effectiveness and delivery of dialysis therapy. And Satellite Wellbound is leading the industry in home dialysis because better outcomes and quality of life are our highest priority. We are also substantial contributors to community and philanthropic kidney initiatives.
Across our organization, we share a single mission - to make life better for those living with kidney disease. Watch our video to learn more about our mission.
About the Role
The Sr Payroll Specialist assists with accurate and time-sensitive payroll processing for over 2,000 employees on a bi-weekly & semi-monthly basis. This role assists with all payroll department needs for Satellite Healthcare as needed utilizing Ultimate Software.
The Sr Payroll Specialist work independently with minimal supervision to perform a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities. This includes computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, entering and remitting garnishments, and processing terminations. This role answers employees' questions to resolve paycheck issues.
- Assist with processing payroll for over 2,000 employees on a bi-weekly & semi-monthly schedule; ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track, deduct and remit all garnishments and other special payroll deductions as required by law
- Coordinate efforts between payroll, human resources, finance and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. "laborhome" work, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system; validate programs for each employee's charges, and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence in compliance with federal/state/local regulations
Document and respond to employee inquiries regarding paycheck calculations, direct deposit issues, tax questions, and garnishments in a timely manner
- Track employees on leaves of absence, to ensure they are paid appropriately utilizing their PTO balances if appropriate
- Complete Government required Multiple Site Reporting
- Monitor and review outstanding payroll checks and remit appropriate reporting for Escheat checks
- Train new payroll employees on Satellite's payroll processing and procedures
- Review payroll changes input by Human Resources including: pay rate changes, retroactive pay, new hires, etc.
- Process manual checks as needed
- File payroll forms including reports, status changes, etc.
- Manage termination files
- Assist payroll manager in gathering information for outside auditors
- Maintain the assigned work schedule
- Produce reports for quarterly reporting for the Multi-Site Reporting from the Department of Labor
- Meet all specified payroll processing deadlines
- Review payroll before completing to ensure an accurate payroll is produced
- Remit tax and direct deposit files to agency's meeting all designated deadlines
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
Making life better for those with kidney disease is a mission you can embrace fully and passionately. You want to learn about your patients beyond just their time in treatment. You know the value of compassion, commitment and especially collaboration. You believe in continuous improvement as a way of looking at everything. You pursue goals with determination and build long and productive professional relationships.
What You Will Gain
Relationships: You will work directly with a multi-disciplinary team who are just as passionate as you about making a difference in others' lives. You will also work alongside leaders who believe leading means serving; they support you in providing care that is unsurpassed in our industry.
Impact: The care you provide will enable our patients to live a better life that meets their needs holistically.
Growth: A Satellite career offers a lot of challenges, but also the support and leadership to learn and grow from each one. Here, the paths you find for fulfilling your aspirations don't need to be linear if that's your choice. With everything Satellite is doing to be a force for progress in the industry, you have many options before you.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
- High level of knowledge of wage and hour law; basic knowledge of payroll taxation law
- Ability to read-write, speak and understand and satisfactorily communicate in English; Excellent communication skills to be able to clearly communicate with employees
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Very high level of organizational skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines while working under pressure
- Ability to meet critical deadlines timely
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employees records and exercise extreme discretion
- Advanced skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- One (1) year of related experience required; bookkeeping/accounting/payroll training preferred
- Experience with Ultimate Software highly preferred
- Associates degree with emphasis in accounting and/or FPC designation
Satellite Healthcare, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Satellite Healthcare, Inc . does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
Satellite Healthcare, Inc . offers a drug free work environment.
Back to top