Senior Software Engineer
Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com .
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for building mobile and desktop web applications to provide Satellite's physicians and clinical staff with tools that enable them to provide top quality care to our patients.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for new architecture design and development for the next generation of Electronic Health Record (EHR). This position designs and develops scalable architecture which will continue to upgrade and enhance Satellite Partners Information Network (SPIN) Suite applications.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
- Work with Solutions Architect to design and develop software components including web applications, middleware and services on ASP.NET, React JS/ Angular JS / Knockout / Node JS and SQL Database.
- Utilize user specifications to lead development effort and mentor junior team members
- Actively participates in design and code reviews of team members' work
- Collaborate with QA and Business Analyst to lead and develop Satellite's customized applications
- Ensure quality, and architectural accuracy of released code
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: BS or MS in computer science or related field
Experience: 8 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understand the ins and outs of the web technology
- Passionate about user experience
- Expert level in any of the object oriented languages such as .NET, Java, C#, Ruby, Python
- Experience with large scale databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience Team Foundation Server
- Well versed in SCRUM methodologies and be able to facilitate SCRUM daily meetings
- Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email
Back to top