Home Therapies Nurse (Float Pool)
Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 80 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The Float Pool Nurse functions as a coordinator of patient care collaborating with other care providers and health team members to provide required care. The Float Pool Nurse acts as a patient teacher and advocate, assisting the patient in seeking information, assuring the patient has the opportunity for informed consent for treatment decisions, and promotes the maximum level of patient-desired independence.
The Float Pool Nurse is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to utilize the nursing care processes across multiple modalities to include Chronic, Home Therapies and Acutes. The Float Pool Nurse floats to a variety of centers as needed to meet staffing needs, and is available for assignment on an ad hoc basis, usually to assist in times of unusually heavy workloads or to assume the duties of absent nursing personnel.
The Float Pool Nurse will maintain adherence to duties and functions identified to the modality specific descriptions for Staff Nurse, Advanced Beginner Home Therapies Dialysis Nurse and Acute Dialysis Nurse.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards. Employees must abide by all Satellite's standards of patient care, patient's rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs .
• Provides exemplary nursing care for all patients and families within the center or program they are assigned
• Develops mastery of clinical skills in numerous clinical settings and participates in multiple learning opportunities while completing cross training
• Maintains clinical competence in at least two of three modalities (Chronic, Home Therapies and Acutes)
• Floats to the center assigned
• Reference modality specific descriptions for additional essential functions
Minimum Qualifications :
Education: Graduation from an accredited nursing school or equivalent, BSN preferred
• One (1) year Registered Nurse general nursing experience, or completion of Satellite's ESRD RN Intern Program
• Dialysis experience required or completion of Satellite's New-Step training to meet the required competence for at least two (2) modalities within one (1) year of beginning role
• Experience floating to multiple centers preferred
• ICU, CCU, ER, or Med Surg experience preferred
• State license as a Registered Nurse
• Current CPR certification
• CNN or CDN preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must have a flexible schedule Monday-Saturday and be available to work all shifts, including nocturnal, weekends and holidays
• Ability to assess, troubleshoot and make sound recommendations in stressful situations
• Ability to thrive in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
• Ability to multi-task, have great time management skills and can prioritize responsibilities
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of Satellite Healthcare within 90 days of hire
• Reference modality specific descriptions for additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of assignments between centers
• Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations (local assignments only)
Back to top