Director of Reimbursement
- Mesa, AZ
The Director, Reimbursement is responsible for the overall management of the Accounts Receivable (AR) department.
About Satellite Healthcare
Satellite Healthcare is more than simply a dialysis company. Since our founding in 1974, we have become the industry's leader in personalized quality care: 70% of our centers earn 4- and 5-star ratings from Medicaid and Medicare.gov, far ahead of all other providers. Our success in caring for patients can be attributed to our mission, our not-for-profit structure, and our people. Together, they create a powerfully patient-centered organization.
Our mission is clear: to make life better for people living with kidney disease. Because we are a non-profit, we can pursue that mission with all our resources, united by our passion for patient care. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, Satellite Research explores new ways to elevate the effectiveness and delivery of dialysis therapy. And Satellite Wellbound is leading the industry in home dialysis because better outcomes and quality of life are our highest priority. We are also substantial contributors to community and philanthropic kidney initiatives.
Across our organization, we share a single mission - to make life better for those living with kidney disease. Watch our video to learn more about our mission.
About the Role
The Director, Reimbursement is responsible for the overall management of the Accounts Receivable (AR) department. This includes ensuring accurate and timely billing of patient services (e.g. In-Center Dialysis, Home Dialysis, Acute), maintenance of AR computer system reconciliation of Accounts Receivable reports to the general ledger, supervision of Accounts Receivable staff, etc.
- Oversee the billing, collection, authorization, self-pay and cash flow functionalities within the AR Department while addressing any issues that arise in a timely manner
- Addresses problem accounts with AR Staff that have been researched in depth and are in need of direction on how to proceed
- Adhere to and maintain policies and procedures as they pertain to HIPAA, Compliance and Integrity, and departmental policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate deadlines and expectations of managerial and office staff
- Review reports requested by Finance, insurance payers and auditors prior to final submission
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance practices and billing requirements
- Audits and analyzes productivity of the AR Department and enacts new initiatives to create a high performing team
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's Mission, Vision, and Values of Compassion, Trust, Quality, Innovation, and Teamwork. Employees must abide by all Satellite's standards of patient care, patient's rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs.
Making life better for those with kidney disease is a mission you can embrace fully and passionately. You want to learn about your patients beyond just their time in treatment. You know the value of compassion, commitment and especially collaboration. You believe in continuous improvement as a way of looking at everything. You pursue goals with determination and build long and productive professional relationships.
What You Will Gain
Relationships: You will work directly with a multi-disciplinary team who are just as passionate as you about making a difference in others' lives. You will also work alongside leaders who believe leading means serving; they support you in providing care that is unsurpassed in our industry.
Impact: The care you provide will enable our patients to live a better life that meets their needs holistically.
Growth: A Satellite career offers a lot of challenges, but also the support and leadership to learn and grow from each one. Here, the paths you find for fulfilling your aspirations don't need to be linear if that's your choice. With everything Satellite is doing to be a force for progress in the industry, you have many options before you.
- Ensures the confidentiality of patient and employee information
- Experience with computerized billing systems (Relay Clearinghouse, QMS, SPIN) and experience with 50-75 million annual billing AR function
- Demonstrate supervisory skills (Organizational, communication, etc.)
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of private insurance industry
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze data
- Exceptional customer service to all clients
- Ability to understand and apply Medicare and Medicaid ESRD rules and regulations; knowledge with Medicare and Medicaid is preferred; understands the private insurance industry: PPO, HMO, POS, Medicare Advantage and Indemnity Plans
- Accurate keyboard and ten-key skills; must be literate in Microsoft based programs
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
- Eight (8) years of experience in Accounts Receivable with billing to Medicare, MediCal and private insurance including four (4) years medical billing supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree
Satellite Healthcare, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Satellite Healthcare, Inc . does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
Satellite Healthcare, Inc . offers a drug free work environment.
Back to top