Strategic Sales and Marketing Consultant
46Mile is in search of a Strategic Sales and Marketing Consultant with proven integrated marketing sales experience whose main objecting will be developing revenue streams by leveraging the agency’s full suite of offerings in partnership with a digital salesforce and their regional advertisers. This person is expected to be a leader in evolving a more integrated marketing approach to the sales organization. Your quiver ranges from marketing consulting and agency services (see www.46mile.com) to direct purchase of print and digital media on SF Chronicle properties (see www.sfgate.com, www.sfchronicle.com) to regionally targeted inventory on all Hearst properties (see Hearst portfolio of digital properties).
This is not a single product sale, but an integrated marketing solution sale requiring superior listening skills and the ability to strategically piece together custom solutions for both current and potential clients. The position will be responsible for generating new revenue streams by finding and cultivating future opportunities by working with existing San Francisco Chronicle & SF Gate customers. You must have extensive experience building a portfolio of regional business in the Bay Area, maintaining strong relationships with business owners, CEOs, VPs of Marketing and Directors of Marketing.
- Develop and manage a robust and qualified deal pipeline by collaborating with the digital sales team and scheduling meetings and building relationships with target clients.
- Conduct on-going assessments of industry and competitive landscape to identify key trends and opportunities.
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of the various offerings and be able to qualify leads into the varying levels of marketing solutions you represent.
- Ability to listen carefully to potential client needs and then present marketing solutions leveraging the Hearst portfolio.
- Interface with clients and explain concepts via conference calls or in person
- Attend appropriate industry events, conferences to effectively network and grow your industry knowledge.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, with a proven ability to convey data and analysis strategically to drive more business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Creative, independent problem solver.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years in sales or business development role in the marketing industry, specifically from multi-channel solution providers or Agency/Media Sales.
- Strong knowledge of Internet advertising pricing models, advertising optimization, audience trends and technologies.
- Understanding of traditional advertising such as print and broadcast. Experience selling print, radio or broadcast advertising a plus
- Advanced understanding of integrated marketing (traditional and experiential)
- Understanding of marketing metrics, KPI’s, and insights
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
- Excellent team building skills
- Must be highly motivated
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
Back to top