Single Copy Manager
Be a key contributor to the Chronicle’s success in all facets of individual copy sales.
In this position, you’ll be working collaboratively with marketing, operations, circulation managers and contractors across The SF Chronicle to scope, deploy and manage our single copy business.
This position also works closely with all third party partners to solidify joint sales relationships.
You’ll work directly with all levels of the circulation single copy team and supporting departments to expand and improve the sales of our products. Knowledge of our systems used to sell, manage customer data and analyze sales metric is a must.
What will you do?
- Working with our Single Copy Retail Manager you will manage, create and implement projects for SC sales throughout our market including retail outlets vendors and partnership projects.
- Apply comprehensive project management protocols
- Explore alternative sale opportunities creating incremental revenue streams.
- Build business rules and processes to enable technologies and vendors
- Work collaboratively with partners, retail owners and circulation management
- Ensure quality control standards are defined and implemented to industry-leading benchmarks
- Understand and leverage your advanced knowledge of circulation sales and single copy operational demands.
- Manage legacy systems/vendors managing single copy customer billing and sales./transactions, distribution/logistics, and business intelligence.
- Manage vendor/solution budgeting and sales forecasting
- Oversee and train event sales teams.
What will it take to be successful?
- 5+ years circulation sales and /or operations experience
- Single Copy experience at a metro newspaper
- Excellent collaborative management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a proven ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of different people, internally and externally
About the San Francisco Chronicle & SF Gate:
The Chronicle is world-class journalism, San Francisco style. With name-brand voices and a keen editorial eye, The Chronicle is an authority that still surprises. It’s not afraid of being controversial or of doing things that haven’t been done. It’s bolder, brighter, fearless. It’s news that is delivered to the discerning reader through multiple platforms.
SF Gate provides a 360-degree view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic and unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that gauges the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends and interests — and shares them with the world.
Join our team of world-class journalists and exceptional professionals.
Back to top