SEO & SEM Marketing Manager
We’re looking for an SEO & SEM Marketing Manager to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for overseeing organic growth and visibility for Hearst Bay Area’s digital advertisers--working to identify key opportunities and ensure strong performance of all owned initiatives. Candidates should have strong SEO or SEM experience, with a proven ability to unify cross-functional teams to drive exponential organic growth. Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment, possesses strong communication skills, and is quick to take initiative.
- Drive high-volume organic & paid search growth for SMBs
- Work with the SEO & SEM teams to improve programs, including (but not limited to) opportunity analysis, campaign planning, audits and management
- Provide tactical SEO & SEM recommendations for new product launches, website updates and international expansions, work on implementation in cross-functional teams
- Identify and implement forward-facing opportunities and tactics that exponentially grow our search visibility
- Help advocate for SEO and SEM best practices and adoption by core cross-functional teams, including content and creative teams.
- Monitor Organic & Paid Search performance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in SEO & SEM with a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing digital programs and significantly improving Organic & Paid Search performance for online businesses.
- A proven track record of developing and managing SEO & SEM initiatives and delivering effective results.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO & SEM best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and a passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEO and online marketing
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO & SEM best practices and optimizations
- Some experience implementing successful large-scale SEO & SEM initiatives, including external link building, site architecture and international localization
- Ability to work cross-functionally with content, design, communications and product teams to drive SEO programs forward in a highly-effective manner
- Understanding of critical SEO analytics and research platforms (e.g. Google & Bing Webmaster Tool, Google Analytics, Google Adwords Keyword Tool etc.), as well as familiarity with various third party SEO analytics solutions such as Brightedge, SEOClarity, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMrush etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
Our mission is to tell the story of San Francisco. We will be honest, fearless and startlingly original. We will inform, provoke, and energize the people who change the world. The San Francisco Chronicle is the largest newspaper in Northern California and the second largest on the West Coast. The Chronicle is world-class journalism, San Francisco style. With name-brand voices and a keen editorial eye, the Chronicle is an authority that still surprises. Opinionated yet open-minded. It’s not afraid of being controversial, or of doing things that haven’t been done before. It’s bolder, brighter, fearless. It’s news that is delivered to the discerning reader through all platforms, including print, eEdition, digital, and social. SFGATE the go-to online source for all news and entertainment related to the Bay Area. With a Pulitzer prize and 31 million readers each month, SFGATE publishes a moment-by-moment, 360˚ view of San Francisco that is wildly reflective of right now for the most mobile and social audience in the country. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, SFGATE is in constant conversation with the Bay Area — with over 50 sections covering news, sports, politics, lifestyle, and technology. Hearst Bay Area, Northern California’s largest news media and services group, connects businesses large and small with their target audience, through a comprehensive suite of multi-touch solutions unmatched by local competitors.
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top