Sales Development Representative
We are looking for a high-energy individual with a strong technical aptitude and natural sales instinct to join our Sales team as a Sales Development Representative (SDR). The SDR is responsible for driving market share by developing qualified leads that build the pipeline for the Sales team as well as identifying new qualified sales opportunities for their enterprise sellers. The SDR is also responsible for prospecting activities, qualifying active buying interest, and developing opportunities.
As an SDR you will work closely with the team responsible for bringing in new customers to our corporate sales team. This is a collaborative effort integrating the work of marketing, sales, and sales development in an effort to rapidly increase the volume and improve the quality of new business for our company.
This is a great opportunity to gain an education in digital advertising and accelerate your sales career. Our SDRs will work closely with our existing team to help build an exceptional department and set a new standard of excellence as we continue our growth.
- Develop and qualify inbound and outbound leads
- Perform outbound prospecting via cold calling to generate and uncover leads
- Perform inbound lead qualification and follow-up activity based on Marketing events and marketing sourced inquiries
- Achieve or exceed set targets for qualified opportunity generation on a monthly basis
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to a prospecting call
- Produce a high level of call and email activity daily
- Manage and log activity in Salesforce.com daily
- Source new business by presenting SF Chronicle’s Content Marketing Platform on a consistent basis
- Build an intimate understanding of SF Chronicle’s Content Marketing Platform in the industry
- Reach and exceed aggressive KPIs consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, and pitches
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a business related field
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience
- Basic understanding of fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a high energy, dynamic sales team culture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Well-organized, a leader, VERY self-motivated, VERY competitive and driven by success
- Experience with lead generation tools such as HubSpot a plus
What you’ll get:
- Sane work hours (with flexible scheduling)
- Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!
Back to top