Sales Development Representative
Hearst Bay Area is looking for an ambitious, motivated Sales Development Representative to accelerate our pipeline in the form of qualified opportunities. You'll be actively engaging and generating interest with decision makers at our target accounts. The SDRs are a specialized team that focus on top of the funnel leads and are also responsible for prospecting activities, qualifying active buying interest, and developing opportunities.
As part of the SDR team, you will collaborate on campaign goals, target markets, messaging, and data analysis. This is a collaborative effort integrating the work of marketing, sales, and sales development in an effort to rapidly increase the volume and improve the quality of new business for our company.
- Strong emphasis on developing creative and engaging email campaigns
- Develop and qualify inbound and outbound leads through marketing automation, PPC, white papers, and organic traffic
- Identifying target demographics to align with sales team strategic goals
- Perform outbound prospecting to generate and uncover leads
- Perform inbound lead qualification and follow-up activity based on Marketing events and marketing sourced inquiries
- Achieve or exceed set targets for qualified opportunity generation on a monthly basis
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to a prospecting call
- Produce a high level of call and email activity daily
- Manage and log activity in Salesforce.com daily
- Source new business by presenting SF Chronicle's Content Marketing Platform on a consistent basis
- Build an intimate understanding of SF Chronicle's Content Marketing Platform in the industry
- Reach and exceed aggressive KPIs consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, and pitches
Key competencies to be successful at this position:
- Quick Learner - Ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information about our services. Ability to translate that information into specific benefits for our prospects.
- Enthusiasm & Persistence - Willingness to get on the phone and interrupt a prospects day.
- Listening Skills - Letting prospects and team members speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints..
- Resilience & Coachability - We all want to improve our professional skills.
- Team-Oriented and Collaborative - Prospecting is a team sport at SFC.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Time Management - Intuitively balances quality and quantity of activity to maximize results.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a business related field
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience
- Basic understanding of fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a high energy, dynamic sales team culture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Well-organized, a leader, VERY self-motivated, VERY competitive and driven by success
- Experience with lead generation tools such as HubSpot a plus
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGATE:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGATE provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
The youngest woman to ever be named Editor-in-Chief of a major US newspaper, Audrey manages the Chronicle’s newsroom—working with reporters to get the news out in new and innovative ways.
Back to top