Producer Editorial Online
- San Francisco, CA
SFGATE PRODUCER Sunday-Thursday Schedule
SFGATE is about covering the conversation and sharing it with a national audience. As the 5 th largest newspaper website in America, with 35 million users each month, your stories about the Bay Area reach hundreds of millions of people each year.
- If you can spot a story that feels authentic to the Bay Area and drop everything to write it in a fresh, witty, sometimes acerbic voice, while respecting objective journalism, legal issues, and copyrights, this may be the role for you.
- If you post to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram Stories, this may be the role for you.
- If you can bust out straight breaking news quickly and accurately while simultaneously monitoring trends on Tweetdeck and chatting with your boss via Slack -- and do it all with a smile -- this may be the role for you.
POSITION IS SUNDAY-THURSDAYSCHEDUALE
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to create 5-6 stories a day while managing social media analytics and best practices, and bringing innovative multimedia, multi-platform, multi-social network ideas to a larger team
- Create daily stories, photo galleries, and occasionally videos for SFGate.com
- Monitor trending topics from social media to inform editorial decisions
- Proactively self-assigns stories that are on the verge of going viral and is ready to play a central role at one of the biggest newsrooms and content creators on the West Coast.
- Package items from third party content sources and maximized engagement using related links, photo galleries and videos
- Bring fresh ideas to daily content creation and social media promotion
- Manage photos, headlines, story packaging and overall story experience
- Communicate and coordinate with SFChronicle team members
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience digital content producer
- Innate sense of what clicks and what will be trending later in the day
- Fresh, brilliant writing style
- Knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Background as Blogger or with a journalism background
- Team player who works collaboratively
- Idea generator with strong social roots.
- Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends and/or nights as needed.
- Photo and Video editing experience
- Background in buzzy news from the Bay Area Tech/Business scene
- Social media native, familiar with algorithms, audiences, and insight
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge. SFGate provides a 360˚ view of the San Francisco Bay Area, wildly reflective of right now.
Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic region.
Back to top