Have your hand in all of the marketing efforts for two of the Bay Area’s best known media brands!
The San Francisco Chronicle and SFGATE’s Marketing team is looking for a passionate and pro-active marketer to join them in making the magic happen! From copywriting for invitations, advertisements, and social media, to coordinating logistics and balancing budgets for events to communicating advertising schedules and changes to internal and external parties, and beyond. This person is a crucial part of the team’s success!
What will you do?
- Ad Orders - Scheduling/ordering/trafficking for internal/external campaigns for print/digital
- Trade Management - Day-to-day operations for current trade agreements by tracking/creating monthly statements, revenue reports, ad orders, etc.
- Events – Assist with coordinating details for Sales and Marketing events – attendance, branding, logistics, etc.
- Sponsorships – Coordinate the fulfillment of a variety of types of sponsorships throughout the Bay Area; such as Bay to Breakers, San Francisco Chronicle’s Wine Competition, Film & Art Festivals, Food & Wine events..etc.
- Budget - Manage department operations budget, reconcile team’s expenses, etc.
- Public Relations – Assist with sending what content is to run/what has run to partners on daily/weekly basis, tracking media coverage, copywriting for various content, Sales, Circulation efforts
What will it take to be accomplished?
- 2-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced organization (media/content brands desired)
- Direct experience and knowledge built upon working in/or alongside Sales/Marketing (i.e. an understanding of sales process and marketing’s role)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google App suites and ability to learn software programs quickly
- Basic understanding of accounting principles (such as 1-2 semesters of ACT 101)
- Strategic in their approach to accomplishing day-to-day tasks and assigned projects
- Ability to work cross-departmentally
What does it take to be a runaway success?
- Experience handling event logistics (ie organizing materials leading up to event, day of activities, post event reporting)
- Experience handling marketing fulfillment directly with clients
- Keen attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills
- Clear team-player attitude
- Comfortable with rolling with the punches
About the San Francisco Chronicle/ & SFGATE:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGATE provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, and interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!
Back to top