Jr. General Ledger Analyst
General Ledger Analyst
The San Francisco Chronicle is looking for a junior level general ledger analyst to be an integral part of our experienced team. This is a great opportunity to get in-depth experience across a broad range of accounting functions, and be a key part of driving continuous improvement as we strive for excellence
- Assist in month end close procedures; ensuring that transactions are accurately recorded in our ERP
- Own specific aspects of month-end close procedures including the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and analyses for, accruals, and prepayments
- Lead AP processes including managing invoice approvals, and vendor inquiries
- Lead cash processes including posting receipts, investigating chargebacks
- Support with systems integrations to help drive efficiencies in the accounting department
- Assist in maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Provide supporting documentation for annual SOX audit
Here’s what we’re looking for
- 2+ years of accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong ERP system experience, Oracle preferable
- Able to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining organization and control
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as business partnering skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top