Human Resources and Payroll Specialist
Are you a world class HR professional who has a solid foundation in HR, payroll, leaves and/or worker's compensation management? Are you client-focused, self-motivated and do you have the ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization?
We are seeking a candidate that is customer-focused, self-motivated and possess an innate ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization. The successful candidate must have a high level of learning agility (quickly learn, apply, then master), strong project management, superb excel and data management skill sets, customer service driven, problem solving, and a positive attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the leave of absence and worker's compensation programs, from intake to pay integrations
- Facilitate the process for post-accident, DOT, and random drug testing
- Conduct injury reviews, and provide recommendations back to HR business partners
- Manage compliance including, OSHA logs for various locations, EEO-1 Reporting, Healthy SF, etc.
- Coordinate all HR-related activities and functions
- Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Identify best practices and continuous process improvement in the delivery of HR services to the company and make appropriate recommendations within the HR Department.
- Act as back up to prepare for payroll across multiple groups and multiple pay schedules.
- Partnering with Finance on reporting requirements as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Masters degree and/or PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and work experience within HR with at least 1+ years of experience in any of the following; leave management, talent management, employee relations, performance management, training and development, policies and procedures and legal compliance.
- A demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships and lasting business partnerships across all levels of the organization. Builds effective networks and alliances.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; an ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify process improvement opportunities and successfully influence and implement appropriate changes.
- Knowledge of Federal and California state labor laws and the ability to apply those legal requirements to complex situations in the work place.
- The ability to serve multiple customers and manage a wide variety of tasks.
- Previous experience utilizing an HRIS system a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced business with a small but very agile HR team.
- Project management experience a plus
- The ideal candidate will have drive, resilience, genuineness, openness & self-awareness.
See Inside the Office of San Francisco Chronicle
With honest, fearless, and startlingly original reporting, the San Francisco Chronicle delivers its discerning readers engaging news and entertainment stories from the Bay Area. As one of the largest newspapers in northern California, the Chronicle prides itself on bringing readers world-class journalism that’s bolder, brighter, and more fearless than the rest.
Back to top