Human Resources and Payroll Specialist
Are you a world class HR professional who has a solid foundation in HR, payroll, leaves and/or worker's compensation management? Are you client-focused, self-motivated and do you have the ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization?
We are seeking a candidate that is customer-focused, self-motivated and possess an innate ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization. The successful candidate must have a high level of learning agility (quickly learn, apply, then master), strong project management, superb excel and data management skill sets, customer service driven, problem solving, and a positive attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the leave of absence and worker's compensation programs, from intake to pay integrations
- Facilitate the process for post-accident, DOT, and random drug testing
- Conduct injury reviews, and provide recommendations back to HR business partners
- Manage compliance including, OSHA logs for various locations, EEO-1 Reporting, Healthy SF, etc.
- Coordinate all HR-related activities and functions
- Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Identify best practices and continuous process improvement in the delivery of HR services to the company and make appropriate recommendations within the HR Department.
- Act as back up to prepare for payroll across multiple groups and multiple pay schedules.
- Partnering with Finance on reporting requirements as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Masters degree and/or PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and work experience within HR with at least 1+ years of experience in any of the following; leave management, talent management, employee relations, performance management, training and development, policies and procedures and legal compliance.
- A demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships and lasting business partnerships across all levels of the organization. Builds effective networks and alliances.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; an ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify process improvement opportunities and successfully influence and implement appropriate changes.
- Knowledge of Federal and California state labor laws and the ability to apply those legal requirements to complex situations in the work place.
- The ability to serve multiple customers and manage a wide variety of tasks.
- Previous experience utilizing an HRIS system a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced business with a small but very agile HR team.
- Project management experience a plus
- The ideal candidate will have drive, resilience, genuineness, openness & self-awareness.
Back to top