Finance Business Partner
The San Francisco Chronicle is seeking a Finance Business Partner who will be focused on Sales and Digital business. This role provides leadership and oversight for planning, reporting and analysis activities. Successful candidates will be capable of providing strategic financial support that enables Sales to achieve their objectives while maintaining alignment with budgetary and internal control expectations. The Finance Business Partner is considered an expert on all revenue reporting matters and will have significant interaction with executive and functional leadership.
- Drive the process and creation of revenue plans for all major planning cycles (Strategy Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Forecasts, etc.) ensuring plan integrity and alignment with stakeholder expectations;
- Develop and improves systems that support planning processes;
- Serve as business owner, responsible for leading the delivery of revenue reporting to Senior Management;
- Drive improvements in key revenue / sales quantity processes and reporting;
- Positively influence others, leads by example, introduces standards and best practices;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters preferred
- Prior FP&A experience;
- Strong systems aptitude and process orientation;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Problem solving and resourcefulness;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including proficiency with company-wide ERP systems;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in an intense environment where accuracy is expected.
- Local candidates only.
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Assistant Managing Editor, Lifestyle
Kitty's Lifestyle Team caters to Chronicle readers' hobbies and interests. By brainstorming with her reporters, Kitty helps create a Lifestyle section that reflects the amazing things the Bay Area has to offer.
Back to top