Editorial Producer - Food & Wine Team
Editorial Producer, The Press
The producer manages the editorial content of The Press, the San Francisco Chronicle’s digital media startup, executing the editorial direction provided by the Food & Wine Editor. He/she is an integral part of a team bent on growing the site into the leader in wine country travel.
Note: For several months, the producer will also contribute time to GreenState, our cannabis startup (~20%)
Reports to: The Chronicle’s Food & Wine Editor
Specific responsibilities include:
- Content management:
- Manage editorial content: maintain editorial calendars, schedule and post reviews and stories online, and insure that stories go online on time and accurately.
- Suggest creative, en-pointe content for the site that serves the audience’s desires and extends the Chronicle’s professional journalism. Know how to execute.
- Assign freelance reviews, stories and photography as directed by the Food & Wine Editor.
- Produce a weekly newsletter.
- Site management:
- Develop an aggressive audience-first approach by understanding site analytics and suggest ways to grow traffic and engagement.
- Consistently update and manage the home page and other pages as needed to keep the site relevant and vibrant.
- With team, strategize new ways to grow and improve the site.
- Social media:
- Establish and execute an appropriate social media strategy that grows audience engagement and loyalty.
- Consumer and winery responsibilities
- Handle inquiries and questions from the wine industry.
- Manage invoices for freelancers.
- Abide by and represent the journalistic values of The Chronicle.
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent editing and writing skills. Must be able to catch basic copy and style errors
- Experience working quickly and deftly with a content management system.
- Demonstrated creativity in developing content and stories
- Journalism or blogger background; news experience a plus
- Experience working with digital analytics
- Social media native, familiar with algorithms, audiences and data
- Team player who can proactively give and accept constructive feedback
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Knowledge of and passion for food and wine topics a plus
- BA or BS degree
- 2 years experience in digital space
- Writing and editing samples that demonstrate high level of basic journalism skills
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
Join our Team!
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top