Digital Visuals Editor
Digital Visuals Editor
Would you like the opportunity to work with world-class journalists and photographers at one of San Francisco’s most iconic media brands?
The San Francisco Chronicle is looking for an energetic, versatile, creative photo editor with a knack to produce top-quality work under the constant deadline pressure of today’s news business.
What will you do?
- Help reimagine and manage our photo blog, The Take.
- Manage and coach photographers to enable them to produce high quality photos and videos for all Chronicle platforms.
- Evaluate incoming photos for accuracy and relevance to related content and target audiences.
- Manage visuals on social media in collaboration with the digital team, including identifying strong visual content for extra promotion on social media
- Communicate and work effectively with photo staff, digital team, and newsroom editors on photo coverage.
- Assign freelance photographers.
- Work with Multimedia Editor as the project manager for our video column and other features
- Ensure all videos for sfchronicle.com are properly packaged. Oversee analytics and performance.
- Oversee Videolicious feed and select best cuts for native promotion
- Contribute to digital team’s SOV (social optimized video) strategy, learn the workflow and produce them as time allows.
- Manage annual Lishies film festival (SF Chronicle specific award program).
- Mentor our summer intern.
- Some night and weekend shifts are required.
What will it take to be successful?
- Knowledge of communication law as it applies to photography
- Knowledge of photo software programs such as Photoshop and Photo Mechanic.
- Knowledge of video editing software such as Adobe Premiere and Final Cut
- Video production and editing experience
- Experience in editing of photographs and captions.
- Writing samples related to photojournalism.
- A video and still photojournalism or photo editing website.
- Knowledge of photographic equipment and how it functions.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience at a media publication.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city.
Join our Team!
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top